If you know of any other businesses, please contact us.
Shaw Main Streets
Several retail streets in MVSNA are covered by the Shaw Main Streets organization.
- Busboys and Poets: Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, bar, internet (wifi), comfy chairs, small free trade shop. 5th and K.
- First Cup Cafe: See above, minus dinner and shop. 9th and M.
- Marrakesh: Morroccan restaurant with belly dancers.
- Saints Paradise Cafeteria: In the United House of Prayer Church, serves southern style food.
- Corduroy Restaurant: Very fine dining on 9th between L and M.
- Acadiana Restaurant: Contemporary Louisiana-style cuisine. 9th and K.
- Old Dominion Brewhouse: Bar and restaurant with plenty of screens tuned to sports. 9th St. between M and N.
- Chan’s Mongolian Grill and Tokyo Sushi: Exactly what it says. 9th between M and N.
- Chatman’s D’Vine Bakery & Cafe: 9th between M and N.
- Chipotle: 5th street, next to Ace Hardware
- Kushi: Japanese, sushi and grill 5th and K
- Mandu: Korean 5th and K
- Papa John’s: Pizza delivery at 313 H.
- Subway: The chain sandwich maker. 7th and M streets.
- Euromarket @ DC Convention Center: Sandwiches, coffee, etc. 7th and L.
- Starbucks: Coffee shop inside of Safeway
- Safeway Deli: Soup and sandwich deli inside of Safeway
- Sweetgreen: coming soon
- Taylor Gourmet: 5th and K
- Tel’Veh: Wine bar and small plates, also serving breakfast daily at 4th and Mass
- Tunnel Wine & Spirits: 313 H St.
- Good Libations: (previously S & R Liquors) 5th & M Sts
Special: Mention you saw the listing on this web site and get 10% off your second bottle of wine! Selections from all over the world and nothing over $10.
- 5th & N: Joe’s convenience store
- Modern Liquors: Nice selection of wine. 9th and M.
- Andy’s Carry Out: 209 New York Ave.
- B & M Food Store: 215 New York Ave. NW
- Safeway: Large grocery store with Starbucks and Bergman’s cleaners at corner of 5th and L.
- Seasonal Pantry: a tribute to roadside farm stands and old-fashioned markets, hosts intimate supper club dinners. Fresh pate, bread, desserts, pasta sauces and more. 1314 ½ Ninth Street
- Subway Liquors II: 5th and K.
- Primal Fitness: Offers CrossFit, Parkour, Judo, and Yoga training. 219 M St NW.
- Vida Fitness: Gym in CityVista — 400 block of K St.
- BicycleSpace: 1019 7th Street
- Warehouse Theater: Theater, art and film — home to many of Washington’s edgiest artists. 7th St. between New York Ave. and L St.
- DC Eagle: Gay bar. NY Ave between 6th and 7th.
- Lux Lounge: Nightclub. NY Ave between 6th and 7th.
- The Space: Entertainment space for rent. 9th and N.
- Louis’ The Rogue: Adult club. 5th and K. CLOSED FOR RENOVATION
- Chevy Chase Bank: Bank on 5th just south of L.
- 5th Street Hardware: Local Ace hardware store.
- Chef Jean-Claude Cuisine: French Cooking Classes in Mount Vernon Square and in your home, Sunday Catering, Mousse to Go, To learn more: 202-628-0590
- Monarch Paint and Wallcovering: Paint store specializing in Benjamin Moore paints. 500 block of K st.
- Central Safe and Lock: Locksmith on 7th between L and M.
- Midas Auto Center: 700 block of New York Ave.
- Happy Cleaners: Dry cleaning and laundry on 7th just south of M.
- Bergman’s Cleaners: Inside of Safeway at 5th and L.
- ABOU Master Goldsmith: 9th between M and N.
- The UPS Store: Mass Ave. between 4th and 5th.
- Hampton Inn: 6th and Mass.
- Miller Copying Service: Copying service. 7th just south of M.
- Champion Trophies Inc.: Custom trophies. 400 block of K.
- Squares Fashions: Clothing. 9th and M.
- Rose Express: Roses. 200 block of K.
- TG Cigar: Cigars and tobacco. 9th between L and M.
- Wagtime: Pet care. 9th between M and N.
- Pee Jay Laundromat: 200 block of New York Ave.
- Historical Society of Washington, DC
- Washington Convention Center